Saturday, November 18, 2017

Why I switched from wordpress to blogger

I had 2 blogs, one about small business marketing and one about food. I would write once or twice in each one every week or 2 to share what I am passionate about. I had several followers and was selling a few affiliate products here and there but selling was not my main goal just a side effect.

One day I tried to log into my blog and the website said "Your account has been suspended" contact your web host for more information. I sent a support ticket to my host and as usual they took their sweet time about getting back to me.

According to them I have been sending out thousands of emails from my hosting account. I replied back and said I don't even send emails to anyone so how could that be. After they jerked me around for a couple of days they came back with someone had hacked my account through wordpress and sent thousands of spam emails.

I said why did you not contact me and give me a heads up so I could of done something sooner. Their reply was, you have a shared ip address and we did not want to have it black listed. They said the only way to set it back up was to wipe out the whole thing and start from scratch.

I have worked hard at getting this blog going and did not want to start again. They sent me a backup copy of my website that was in a funky format that i could not find a program to open it with. I then figured if I have to start all over why not just get a new web host so this did not happen again.

I searched for webhosts and what I found was heart breaking. Most wanted a year in advance at $10 a month or had a introductory special that after a month the price went up 3 to 4 times. I knew there had to be someone out there who had hosting at a great price.

 Well low and behold I ran across a web host that even had the option for your own ip address which i quickly scooped up. Their yearly price was cheaper than the other guys monthly price.

The best part is they were cheaper than the last host I had with a shared ip address. Make your way over to the website and check out all the great features and the super cheap price. Another plus is they also have an affiliate program so you share them with your friends and pick up some extra cash when they sign up.

Check them out here

Thanks for reading
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment